Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dear Readers

Dear readers,

I have had some life experiences that I think are qualifying enough for me to be able to say that I have truly enjoyed being able to attend school and trying to further my education and making my life better. I would say that to be in a situation like my own takes a long road of trials and tribulations, the key to remaining sane is to be as optimistic as you can. I have found that being optimistic has allot of good qualities but there are a few draw backs as well. So to be in this situation that I keep finding my self in is always a little awkward, even though it is sometimes a hard road traveled I keep my head up and my eyes forward. To establish a good standing in my life has taken allot of hard work.

When I started going to this school it was to attend the adult high school completion program and take a couple of criminal justice programs. I stared off doing all of that because I had dropped out of high school because I had received a job offer to make 22.50 an hour. So being the naïve teen that I was I jumped at it, Not knowing what I know now I should have never taken that job I should have stayed in school and graduated with the rest of my class. I had to work twice as hard being a full time student and a full time employee of a cabinet shop. I had to pay for my own tuition and I had to pay for my own books. It was the hardest thing that I had done in my life till that point and time. The reason for all this work was so I could advance my life by joining the army. I decided to join the army so I could get myself out of the slump that I had gotten my self into living in the town that I was born in.

The army was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I was a Cavalry Scout, my job was to be the eyes and ears on the battlefield for the commanders. I enjoyed almost every minute of being in the army, besides all the B.S. that you go through just to get a simple task done is one of the main reasons why I got out. If it wasn’t for all the semantics and the politics that has to happen I would have seriously considered reenlisting for another term. But I didn’t I couldn’t handle it anymore I had enough so I got out. While I was in though I made great friends and I had traveled to a third world country that is currently at war. I was given the opportunity to serve my country by being in Iraq for a fun, long and arduous 16 months.

I got out and decided to come back to school to further my education in the Criminal Justice program by taking classes in what ever I could. During my second quarter I decided to take philosophy 101 and English 97. By being in English 97 I learned that I was making a substantial amount of grammatical errors. Not including I was having a problem with fragments and comma splices, even though I was making these mistakes with nouns and verbs. To kind of put it simply I was having total trouble with my sentence structure. Being in this class has been a great tool that I was needing to continue my college degree in what ever that may be. Knowing that I wasn’t going to be able to exceed in what ever degree I choose with taking English 97 was going to be impossible because my writing was just not up to par. While in English I learned the proper procedure for a couple different writing techniques. Being able to write a descriptive narrative, a narrative, and a couple journals along with some blogs about a book that was the book of the quarter.

I am deciding to show you in a chronologic order of my writing, to show you how I improved from sloppy writing to able to have proper structure. I am trying to prove that my writing skills have improved though out the quarter.

1 comment:

  1. tigerian said...
    I am so proud of you that you serve our country for short period of time even though you are different that you said but your are intelligent that no one can't do. Good job!

    ReplyDelete